Abandon your fears of getting stuck on the Holy Island Causeway and see come of the most stunning historic vistas in Northumberland in style! We promise not to raid like the vikings!
Grab your sleeping bag and climb aboard. This is a fantastic trip for anyone who wants to learn a few sailing skills and get to sleep onboard our 106 year old wooden tall ship. Delicious, fresh meals are prepared for you in our galley while you learn the ropes, set the sails, or sit back and enjoy the gorgeous coastline.
Start and end ports Blyth, Northumberland.
Sailing up the Northumberland coast there is no shortage of stunning views; the Farne Islands, Duntanburgh, Bamburgh, and an array of wildlife. We will drop anchor in Holy Island and watch the sunset before tucking into a delicious freshly cooked dinner.
Weather and tides permitting you will be ferried onto Holy Island where you are free to spend time walking the many paths on the island and visiting Lindisfarne Priory and Museum, Lindisfarne Castle, or perhaps a quick visit to Lindisfarne Mead. If the tides are right you can even walk to St. Cuthberts Island.
- Two days Sailing, One night
- No experience necessary. All training provided.
- Safety Training and Equipment
- Grab a rope! Learn how to haul the sails and try your hand at a few nautical knots.
- Take the helm! Try your hand at steering the Williams II.
- Feeling adventurous? Clip on and climb out onto the bowsprit to help get the sails up.
- Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits
- All meals and accommodation provided
- Join the nightwatch for a chance to see the northern lights
- Accommodation provided in either private two berth cabins, one private 4 berth family cabin, or 8 central saloon berths.
- Breathtaking coastal views
If this is a gift: during checkout please say who the gift is to/from under ‘Additional Information’. You will then receive a personalised Gift Voucher through email that you can print out or email to the recipient.
All itineraries are subject to change due to safety and weather conditions. Please see out Booking Terms for more details.
Passengers will need to able to comfortably climb up and down a 2 metre ladder.